The origins of St Andrews lie in a gift of land in 1158
from Henry II to the monks of Montjoux on the
alpine pass of St Bernard, in recognition of their help
to the king's messengers. The monks quickly built
a priory. The horned bull may have come from their
seal and may have given the settlement its name.
This project consists of a small infill extension to the
church hall providing a disabled toilet and additional
The copper roof coverings in use on the remainder of
the complex were nearing the end of their life and
were no longer easily available.
Despite the contrasting appearance of the new roof in
the short term, a decision has been made to use the
same material when the existing roof comes to be