Ripple Infants School first opened its doors in 1913.
One of the first schools built by the local authority it
was also one of the first single storey primary
schools in the country.
RWA were appointed in 2002 to provide a new
reception area at the entrance to the school and to
carry out associated internal replanning. Existing
boys' toilets were demolished to make way for the
new accommodation and replaced within the plan of
the new block.
Since the original school buildings have considerable
character the head teacher and the education
department were determined that the new wing
should match the style of the existing construction.
Purpose made windows and a projected eaves with
timber corbel blocks have been used to help to